Rich Manufacturing Company, Sterling & Morrison, Illinois & Clinton, Iowa from 1915-1941. Rich-Illinois Company; Rich Toys Inc. Founded by M.E. and E.M. Rich.
The first toys made by Rich were wagon toys (horse-drawn pull toys). These toys were without mechanics. After 1931, however, most of Rich's wagons had some sort of (mechanical) motion build in.
This movement was limited to the legs, enabling a "galloping" motion by an off-center axle combined with two small wheels. Over the next decade, the Rich Company would become a market-leader in the manufacturing of wooden toys of high quality. In the 1930's, the Rich-Illinois Co. was dissolved with the Rich Manufacturing Co. and moved their entire toy manufacturing business to Clinton, in Iowa. Toys found with the marking: Clinton, Iowa can be identified as being made in 1935 or later.
The company's name was again changed to Rich Toys Inc. Rich remained on the toy market until WWII, after which traces of the company were lost. They produced toys in Clinton, Iowa until 1954 when they moved to Tupelo, Mississippi.
Rich Toys continued making toys until 1962, but when a flood destroyed their factory that year, they closed the doors.