In 1932 Georg Köhler founded the game and metal goods factory in Nuremberg. Trademark became the three letters GKN intertwined standing in a triangle. The first animal figures were a frog and a bird, each lithographed and with clockwork. Later came the dog with stick, ducks, squirrels and other tin toy figures. The friction and movement drives were bought by the company Gebrüder Bühler from Nuremberg. The outstanding feature is that the animals move like their real life counterparts.